GS 3: Economy | Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways, etc.
Why in News?
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu and Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha on November 19, 2018 launched the upgraded version of AirSewa 2.0 web portal and mobile app in New Delhi.
- AirSewa 2.0 operates through interactive web portal as well as through a mobile app for both android and iOS platforms.
- AirSewa 2.0:
- A need was felt for development of an upgraded version of AirSewa to provide a superior user experience with enhanced functionalities.
- Major improvements include features such as secure sign-up and log-in with social media, chatbot for travellers support, improved grievance management including social media grievances, real-time flight status and details flight schedule.
- Features of the Portal:
- It will offer passengers a convenient and hassle-free air travel experience.
- The web portal and application will help to capture air travellers’ feedback for policy interventions.
- The focus is on improving the quality of services so that passengers who are travelling have a safe and comfortable experience.
Addressing Passenger’s Grievances:
- Air passengers face issues like flight delays, problem in refunds, long queues, inadequate facilities at airports and complaints of lost baggage.
- The Ministry launched AirSewa web portal and mobile app in November 2016 to address this need.
- The AirSewa 1.0 was received well, with around 30,000 app downloads and around 75,000 web portal hits since its launch.
- It has helped significant number of air passengers to get their concerns resolved with 92 % closure rate for grievance solutions.
- In addition to grievance redressal, AirSewa also provides real-time flight status and flight schedules.