Why in News?
- The All India Pension Adalat was inaugurated on September 18, 2018 by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh in New Delhi.
- The Pension Adalat, being organised by the Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare (DoP&PW), is one of the largest exercises for pensioners’ welfare ever undertaken by the Government as part of good governance dedicated to central government pensioners.
- The Grievance Portal for the Central Government pensioners is also called CPENGRAMS.
- The Pension Adalats are being set up with the objective of bringing on a common table the aggrieved pensioner, the concerned department, the bank or CGHS representative so that such cases can be settled across the table within the framework of extant rules.
- Pre-Retirement Counselling (PRC):
- Besides the Pension Adalat, a Pre-Retirement Counselling (PRC) was also conducted for the Central Government employees who are about to retire in the next six months.
- The objective of the PRC Workshop is to create awareness about post-retirement entitlements as well as to educate.
- Them on advance planning for retirement including medical facilities and participation in voluntary activities after retirement.
- Under Anubhav, the retiring employees give an account of their experiences during service.
- These experiences are an important account for research and resource for administrative reference and thus will help in improving our working.
- The Anubhav scheme was instituted at the call of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in the year 2015.
- Till date, more than 5,000 contributions have been made for Anubhavs by Government employees from 91 Departments.
Other reforms for Pensioners:
- A number of reforms have been undertaken by the Government to facilitate the pensioners.
- One of the main initiatives taken was to fix the minimum pension at Rs 1,000.
- Other initiatives such as Bhavishya, Sankalp, Jeevan Praman-digital life certificates, doing away with the obsolete laws and self-attestation, among others have also been taken.
- A mechanism has been put in place where pensioner will get PPO on the day of his retirement.