Prelims Syllabus : Schemes, Health Mains Syllabus :
- The Eat Right Movement” aims to empower the citizens by improving their health and wellbeing. Led by the FSSAI (autonomous body of ministry of health and family welfare), it is a collective effort, to nudge the citizens towards making right food and dietary choices.
- It is platform to provide credible information to help make informed and healthful eating choices. It is built on two broad pillars – “Eat Healthy and “Eat Safe”.
- Eat Healthy” is about making healthy food choices. “Eat Safe” is about ensuring food safety from procurement to consumption and disposal of food.
Swasth Bharat Yatra:
- ‘Swasth Bharat Yatra’, a pan-India Cyclothon, is a key element of the Eat Right India movement. Swasth Bharat Yatra would provide the trigger for cascading the message of Eat Right India to every corner of the country.
- Swasth Bharat Yatra, a Pan India Cycle rally, is inspired by Mahatma Gandhi’s Dandi March and ‘Salt Satyagraha’ of 1930. Through his tireless yatras, Mahatma Gandhi led the nation towards freedom from Colonial Rule. This yatra would also lead the nation towards freedom from diseases by cascading the message of Eat Right India to every corner of the country.
Theme of Swasth Bharat Yatra: Eat Right India
- Eating Healthy
- Eating Safe
- Eating Fortified
- No Food Waste