Why in News?
- 11th Global Agriculture Leadership Summit & Awards were recently organised by Indian Council of Food and Agriculture (ICFA) with support of Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare; Ministry of Food Processing Industries and Ministry of Commerce.
11th Global Agriculture Summit 2018:
- It aims to provide the platform towards facilitating farmers connect with the technologies, markets, industry, institutions and the Governmental programs.
- The event takes the opportunity to discuss the constraints and opportunities for a global momentum towards making agriculture high-tech, market linked and value added for best returns to farmers.
- ICFA is bringing together eminent personalities of Indian and global agriculture, food and agribusiness sectors on one platform on the event of 11th Global Agriculture Summit 2018.
- The experience will be combined with the presentation of 11th Global Leadership Awards and the launch of Agriculture Year Book 2018.
World Agriculture Prize 2018:
- Indian Council of Food and Agriculture organises World Agriculture Prize, to be presented annually to an individual or institution.
- It is awarded to a person for seminal role in transforming agriculture globally and saving the humanity from the curse of hunger.
- The World Agriculture Prize will be a single prize of $100,000 and will be launched with a special session, named “Swaminathan Global Dialogue on Climate Change and Food Security”.
- M S Swaminathan was awarded the 1st World Agriculture Prize this year.