In the budget 2018 the government of India has planned to launch a very ambitious scheme under which 1.5 lakh health and wellness center will be established.
- It is the upgraded version of the primary health care center in the villages and remote areas where the defects are rectified and vaccines are provided and adequate doctors are provided with equipment’s.
- This will reduce the out of pocket expenditure and at the same time can provide healthcare on par with the private sector with good facilities and to reduce the Doctor to patient ratio.
- Ayushmaan Bharat -NHPM aims to provide 100 million poor and vulnerable families up to Rs 5 lakh cover for secondary and tertiary care and expects to reduce patient hospitalization expenditure.This is one the largest health sector scheme in the world.
- Mission Indradhanush is a health mission of the government of India. It was launched by Union Health Minister in 25 December 2014.
- It aims to immunize all children under the age of 2 years, as well as all pregnant women, against seven vaccine preventable diseases. The diseases being targeted are diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, poliomyelitis, tuberculosis, measles and Hepatitis B. In addition to these, vaccines for Japanese encephalitis and Hemophilus influenzae type B are also being provided in selected states.
- In 2016, four new additions have been made namely Rubella, Japanese Encephalitis, Injectable Polio Vaccine Bivalent and Rotavirus.
- In 2017, pneumonia was added to the Mission by incorporating Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine under Universal Immunization Programme.
- 201 districts will be covered in the first phase. Of these, 82 districts are in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, and Madhya Pradesh.
- The 201 districts selected have nearly 50% of all unvaccinated children in the country. The mission follow planning and administration like PPI (Pulse Polio Immunization).
- Mission Indradhanush may be regarded as one of the key schemes of the NDA government others include Ayushmaan Bharat.