Prelims Syllabus : Economy Mains Syllabus : Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization, of resources, growth, development and employment
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) will develop 20 technology centres, along with extension centres across the country in another 3-5 years, according to the ministry
- These Centres would come up at an investment of Rs. 200 crore each. There are plans to have about 100 extension centers, each at an investment of Rs. 20 crores. The aim is to ensure that maximum [number of] units are benefited from the facilities
- As many as 18 tool rooms are operational in the country and 15 more are in different stages of development or have started functioning. These tool rooms are specific to electronics, general engineering and high-end engineering sectors.
- They have modern technology machinery and testing equipment and the services are offered to industries at a competitive price.
- With the development of technologies such as virtual reality and augmented reality, the manufacturing units in the MSME sector need to have access to these.
- The Ministry is creating trained manpower in virtual reality through the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC). It has also developed training modules that use virtual reality and these will be launched across the country through the NSIC
- National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), is an ISO 9001-2015 certified Government of India Enterprise under Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). NSIC has been working to promote, aid and foster the growth of micro, small and medium enterprises in the country.
- NSIC operates through countrywide network of offices and Technical Centres in the Country. In addition, NSIC has set up Training cum Incubation Centre managed by professional manpower.