Why in News?
- To attract the youth of the country towards agriculture, a project called ‘Arya’ is being run through Krishi Vigyan Kendras and the Farmer Fest program.
- Skill development internships for youth are provided at the graduation level.
- Startups in the fields of seed and plant production, food processing and post-mortgage management, veterinary, farm machinery, poultry, fish production, biological products and bioplasty. Implemented by ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research), Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
- To attract and empower the Youth in Rural Areas to take up various Agriculture, allied and service sector enterprises for sustainable income and gainful employment in selected districts, To enable the Farm Youth to establish network groups to take up resource and capital-intensive activities like processing, value addition and marketing, and
- To demonstrate functional linkage with different institutions and stakeholders for convergence of opportunities available under various schemes/program for sustainable development of youth