Prelims Syllabus : Mains Syllabus :
GS 3: Science & Technology | Developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
Why in News?
The ISRO (Department of Space) has planned to set up Space Galleries in various parts of the country.
- The Space Galleries are expected to disseminate the knowledge about space science and technology amongst the citizens of our country.
- The Gallery will consist of interactive methods/ models describing the principles of Space science and technology.
- Space Galleries are planned to be established at Birla Science Centre at Hyderabad, Nehru Science Centre at Mumbai and National Science Centre at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- ISRO has taken initiatives to establish space gallery in all the national museums/science centres (under Ministry of Culture) across the country in a phased manner.
- ISRO is also planning to establish Knowledge centres, mobile exhibitions, competitions amongst students and various talks/ lectures on Space Science/ technology related aspects.