- This campaign was launched under the aegis of Swatch Bharat mission.
- This Swatchhta Hi Seva campaign stands for cleanliness in service as once Mahatma as said that “Sanitation is more important than Political freedom”.
- It is a nationwide fortnight awareness program regarding Swatch Bharat mission.
- The campaign is coordinated by Ministry of Drinking water and Sanitation.
- The aim of this mission is to bring a behavioral change in the minds of the people who defecate in open place.
- To make them aware of the benefits which one can reap such healthy activities, from preventing spreading of communicable diseases like Diarrhea.
- Generating demand for toilets leading to the construction and sustained use by all household.
An innovative monitoring and evaluation system was put in place ‘The Swachh Sarvekshan’ was conducted for rural India and revealed that Mandi (Himachal Pradesh) and Sidhudurg (Maharashtra) were the cleanest districts in India. The Swachh Sarvekshan assessed 22 Hill districts and 53 Plain areas.
The target for achieving ODF free India by October 2, 2019 to achieve such mass campaign is must.