What is the major reason for the development of solar energy in India despite its high potential? Say the achievement and issues faced and how to overcome.
Structure of answer:
- Introduction (Facts and statistics related to solar energy production in India).
- What is the scope of producing solar energy so high in India?
- Issues and concern.
- Way forward.
- Conclusion (Singnificance).
- India has tremendous scope of generating solar energy.
- The geographical location of the country stands to its benefit for generating solar energy.
- The reason being India is a tropical country and it receives solar radiation almost throughout the year, which amounts to 3,000 hours of sunshine.
- While solar panels are considered a form of clean, renewable energy, the manufacturing process does produce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Additionally, to produce solar panels, manufacturers need to handle toxic chemicals. However, solar panels are not emitting toxins into the atmosphere as they’re generating electricity.
- When fossil fuels are used to create electricity, they produce harmful gasemissions that affect the safety of air, water and soil.
- In contrast, solar energy produces no pollution. The sun’s power offers an unlimited source of energy that does not strip the landscape or harm the ozone layer.
//php comments_template(); ?>