1st Annual Senior Care Conclave
Why in News?
- The ‘1st Annual Senior Care Conclave’ was recently organised by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- The event marked release of a CII Report “Igniting Potential in Senior Care Services”.
- It urged corporates to explore opportunities of investment in the emerging field of Senior Care.
Healthcare inititatives for Ageing Population:
- The National Programme for the Health Care of Elderly (NPHCE) addresses various health related issues of the elderly.
- The programme is State oriented and basic thrust of the programme is to provide dedicated health care facilities to the senior citizens (>60 year of age) at various levels.
- The basic aim of the NPHCE Programme is to provide dedicated, specialized and comprehensive health care to the senior citizens at various levels of state health care delivery system including outreach services.
- Preventive and promotive care, management of illness, health manpower development for geriatric services, medical rehabilitation & therapeutic intervention and IEC are some of the strategies envisaged in the NPHCE.
- The NPHCE was launched in 100 identified districts of 21 States and Eight Regional Geriatrics Centres in selected medical colleges as referral units during the 11th Plan period.
- Two National Centres for Ageing (NCA) in AIIMS Delhi and Madras Medical College, Chennai have been sanctioned to be developed as centres of excellence for geriatrics.
//php comments_template(); ?>