Prelims Syllabus : Polity & Governance- e-Governance Mains Syllabus : GS-II- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation
Why in News?
- The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), in association with Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India and the State Government of Meghalaya will organize the 22nd National Conference on e-Governance 2019.
- It will be conducted at Shillong, Meghalaya.
- Objective of the e-Gov conference is to provide platform to improve the standard of service rendered to common man i.e. to provide end to end Citizen Centric Service Delivery.
- The conference is normally attended by senior officers of Government of India and State Governments including union Territories, academician, Executives from Industry, etc.
- This is the first time the event is being organized in North-Eastern region of the country.
- This Conference provides a platform to disseminate knowledge on effective methods of designing and implementing sustainable e-Governance initiatives to provide end-to-end Digital Services, exchange experiences in solving problems, mitigating risks, resolving issues, etc.
- The theme of this Conference is “Digital India: Success to Excellence”. Discussions will be held on 5 sub-themes in Plenary session during the Conference:
- India Enterprise Architecture (INDEA),
- Digital Infrastructure,
- One Nation – One Platform,
- Emerging Technology for Practitioners, Secretariat Reforms,
- National e-Governance Service Delivery Assessment (NeSDA).