29th Abu Dhabi International Book Fair: India nominated as Guest of Honour
- India has been nominated as the “Guest of Honour” country at the 29th edition of the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair (ADIBF) which begins today.
- Indian Ambassador to the UAE, Navdeep Singh Suri said that India’s selection as the guest of honor reflects the strong relations between the leadership and the people of the UAE and India.
- He added that 30 publishing houses from India will take part in the fair.
- A three-member team from the Publications Division is also participating in the Fair. Books on the life and struggle of Mahatma Gandhi will be on display as part of the 150th birth anniversary celebrations.
- A special presentation will be made by the Publications Division on the 100 volume series of the Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi in a bid to reach out to the international audience.
- An annual fair is a major event in the publishing sector in the Middle East and North Africa. It will conclude on the 30th of this month.
//php comments_template(); ?>