AI system in MCA 21 to be introduced
21, May 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- The government plans to introduce artificial intelligence system in the MCA 21 portal.
- This would make the compliance process easier as well as ensure routine enforcement activities are done round-the-clock on autopilot basis.
- MCA 21 is the electronic backbone for the dissemination of information to all stakeholders.
- The Union Ministry sought applications from service providers earlier in 2019 to develop as well as operate the upgraded version of MCA 21 system.
- The MCA 21 system was started in 2006. The first phase of the e-governance initiative of the ministry was implemented by Tata Consultancy Services and the second phase is being implemented by Infosys for the period from January 2013-July 2021.