- China has successfully completed on water trials of its indigenous amphibious aircraft named AG600 which is roughly the size of a Boeing 737.
- Powered by Four turboprop engines, the AG600 can carry up to 50 personnel and has a maximum operating range of 4500KM and take-off weight of 53.5 tones.
- Japan and Russia also have their own amphibious aircrafts namely Shin Maywa VS-2 and Beriev Be – 200.
- While AG200 will add china’s capability to exercise more muscular approach at sea islands.
- INDIAN NAVY HAS NO AMPHIBIOUS AIRCRAFT
- India has been holding Parleys with japan for sometime now to acquire to shin Maywa VS-2.
About Amphibious Aircraft:
- The word amphibious means can survive on land and sea. The Aircraft can Land on both land and sea.
- The type of Hybrid is mainly deployed for search and rescue operations.
- It can also be used for strategic purpose to mobilize soldiers. China with her namely acquired amphibious aircraft can deploy around 300 soldiers in Indian peninsula.
- So Far India is eyeing on the Japanese amphibious aircraft but we have not taken any significant strides.
//php comments_template(); ?>