ANDHRA PRADESH EMPLOYMENT OF LOCAL CANDIDATES IN INDUSTRIES/FACTORIES ACT, 2019
24, Jul 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- Context- The Andhra Pradesh Government on Tuesday reserved 75% jobs in private industrial units and factories for residents of the state.
Highlights of The Act:
- The new rules will apply to joint ventures as well as projects under public-private partnerships.
- The law applies to existing units as well as industrial units which will be set up in the state in the future.
- The new law says that if residents with the necessary skills are not available, the companies will have to train them in cooperation with the state government.
- Only the industries listed in the first schedule of the Factories Act – mostly producing hazardous goods like petroleum, pharmaceuticals, coal, fertilisers and cement – have been excluded from the ambit of the Act.
- Companies will have to comply with the new Act within three years of beginning of its operations. They will also have to file quarterly reports about local appointments with a nodal agency.