ANNUAL PIRACY REPORT (ICC-IMB) 2018
06, Jul 2019
Prelims level : International Organisation, Reports and Indices Mains level : Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
Context– According to the International Maritime Bureau (IMB), West Africa’s Gulf of Guinea became the world’s most pirate-infested sea in 2018.
- Published by ICC International Maritime Bureau (IMB)
- The ICC International Maritime Bureau (IMB) is a specialised division of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- The IMB is a non-profit making organisation, established in 1981 to act as a focal point in the Fight against all types of maritime crime and malpractice.
Community of Reporting:
- To address this the IMB, along with Oceans Beyond Piracy, have conceptualized ‘Community of Reporting’.
- This endeavour encourages all agencies, governmental and non-governmental, response agencies, commercial operators, etc. to share reports available to them with the IMB – in confidence.