What is it?
- It is a new generation battle tank (MBT)
- Indigenously developed by DRDO and an upgraded version of Arjun Mark – 1
- Superior Firepower, high mobility and protection.
Weapons in Arjun Mark – II
- Consist of 120 mm Rifled gun fitted with a thermal sleeve, Fume extractor, muzzle reference system.
- LAHAT (Laser Homing Attack Missile) advanced missile developed and manufactured by the MBT division of Israel Aerospace (IAI).
- This LAHT System can penetrate any armour including add on reactive armour.
- An NSVT Machine gun, which is remote controlled is mounted on the top.
The Front part of the chassis and the turret are fitted with an integrated explosive reactive armour (ERA) system and KANCHAN armour, which is indigenously created by India.
- It has all the abilities to fulfil the challenging battlefield requirement of the century.
- It will make India a front runner creating such critical technologies and we can export it in the future.