Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the Farmer Prime Minister of India, First time in 1996 for 13 days, 13 Months from 1998-1999 and a last full term of 1999-2004.
- His Contributions to our country are noteworthy. They are as follows:
- In the education sector for the first time in India the Elementary education become free for children aged between 6-14 Year’s (Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan).
- In the Transportation sector, most crucial projects like Golden Quadrilateral and scheme like Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana.
- He also contributed as external affairs minister before being a prime Minister, his peace effort to revisit ties with Pakistan by a bus diplomacy in Lahore and peace deal with Pervez Musharraf.
- The Nuclear Policy of India still lives today whose foundation was laid down by him especially after nuclear missile test.
- He visited china during 2000 and U.S.A to improve ties after cold war. He made India a Nuclear weapon state by conducting 5 Nuclear tests.
- During his period Chandrayan – I project, and introduced revenue- sharing model under new telecom firms and Bharat Sanchar Nigam was separately created.
- During his reign, Fiscal responsibility act was introduced and privatisation was appreciated.
- There were setback to his government like parliament attack, Kargil conflict, cyclones and earth quake yet his regime was stable.
//php comments_template(); ?>