Why in News?
- Ministry of AYUSH observes Ayurveda Day every year on Dhanawantari Jayanti (Dhanteras).
- This year Ayurveda Day was observed on 5th November 2018.
- On this occasion, Ministry also organised a “National Seminar on Entrepreneurship and Business Development in Ayurveda” in association with NITI Aayog.
- The seminar is expected to develop awareness among stakeholders about the business opportunities, encouraging young entrepreneurs to use of modern technologies and modern innovations in business development in the sector and to highlight opportunities at a global level.
AYUSH-Health Management Information System (A-HMIS):
- It is a dedicated software application for Electronic Health Record (EHR) for the AYUSH systems of Healthcare.
- A-HIMS was launched across 15 AYUSH units in different parts of the country in the first phase on 5th November 2018.
- It is expected to revolutionise the way Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy are practised in the country, by inducting modern IT-solutions into these systems.
//php comments_template(); ?>