Bamboo rice in Odisha after four decades
- Bamboo rice has shown up in Odisha nearly after four decades.
- Odisha had last witnessed Bamboo rice in 1979.
- Bamboo rice is special rice that is grown out of a dying bamboo shoot.
- When the bamboo shoot breathes its last, it flowers into a rare variety of rice seeds, which are known as bamboo rice.
- It is said that the bamboo rice harvesting is a major source of income for the tribal communities living in the interiors of Wayanad Sanctuary in Kerala.
- The gates of Chandaka-Dampara Wildlife Sanctuary in Cuttack district Odisha have been recently opened for forest dwellers to come and collect the rice.
//php comments_template(); ?>