BIHAR GOVT ANNOUNCES UNIVERSAL OLD AGE PENSION SCHEME-MUKHYAMANTRI VRIDHAJAN PENSION YOJNA
- Bihar government has announced a universal old age pension scheme – Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna- MVPY for all people above 60 years of age.
- The scheme will come into force from the 1st of April this year.
- Except those senior citizens who have retired from government service, all will be eligible for 400 rupees monthly pension irrespective of caste, religion or community.
- Currently old age pension scheme is applicable to only the BPL category.
- The Chief Minister also announced a pension of 6,000 rupees for journalists above 60 years of age. Those who have been in regular service in the field of media and not getting any other pension will be eligible for Bihar Patrakar Samman Yojana (BPSY). This scheme will also be implemented from the 1st of April this year.
//php comments_template(); ?>