BIMSTEC leaders to hold bilateral meetings with PM Modi
31, May 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a bilateral meeting with President of Kyrgyz Republic, Sooronbay Jeenbekov at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- This was his first engagement after being sworn in as Prime Minister for the second term.
- The Kyrgyz President had attended the oath-taking ceremony as the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Chair.
- Mr Modi will hold separate bilateral meetings in New Delhi with Bangladesh President Md. Abdul Hamid, Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and Prime Minister of Mauritius Pravind Kumar Jugnauth.
- He will also hold bilateral meetings with Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli and Bhutan Prime Minister Lotay Tshering.