BUSINESS STANDARD 20 states joined helpline number 112
- 20 states and UTs have so far joined a pan-India network of single emergency helpline number ‘112’ on which immediate assistance can be sought by anyone in distress.
- The ‘112’ helpline is an integration of police (100), fire (101) and women (1090) helpline numbers and the project is being implemented under the Nirbhaya Fund.
- It is similar to ‘911’ in the United States.
- To trigger an emergency response, you can dial 112 from phone or press power button on smartphone 3 times quickly to activate a panic call to Emergency Response Centre (ERC)
- You can also visit ERSS website for the state and lodge emergency email or send SOS alert to state ERC.
//php comments_template(); ?>