BUSINESS STANDARD ICMR launched MERA India
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has launched the Malaria Elimination Research Alliance (MERA) India.
- It is a conglomeration of partners working on malaria control in order to eliminate the disease from India by 2030.
- The National Vector Borne Diseases Control Program (NVBDCP) of India has also developed a framework to achieve the target of Malaria free India by 2030.
- Declining Trend: Malaria burden has declined in India by over 80% from 2.03 million cases in 2000 to 0.39 million in 2018, and Deaths caused by malaria also declined by over 90% from 932 deaths in 2000 to 85 in 2018.
- This success of India in malaria control cases, provided foundation for leadership commitment towards this success of India in malaria control cases, provided foundation for leadership commitment towards.
//php comments_template(); ?>