BUSINESS STANDARD National Symposium held in Delhi
- A national symposium on evidence synthesis began in Delhi on 11 April 2019.
- Its focus was on making science and synthesised knowledge the bedrock of all societal and policy interventions in the areas of public health, medicine, and social development.
- The symposium is being organised by The George Institute for Global Health and the Campbell Collaboration.
- Delivering the keynote address on ‘Synthesising and Contextualising Evidence for Medicine and Public Health in India: Need and Way Forward’, Professor Prathap Tharyan said evidence-informed health policy requires investments and partnerships between those who generate the evidence, those who disseminate it, those who frame policies and those who implement them.
- Every policy decision should have an evidence footprint, said Tharyan, the Director of B V Moses Centre for Research and Training in Evidence-Informed Health Care and Health Policy at the Christian Medical College, Vellore.
//php comments_template(); ?>