CENTRE LIBERALISES E-VISA REGIME TO MAKE IT MORE TOURIST FRIENDLY
- The Union Tourism Ministry recently made a series of amendments in India’s e-visa regime, liberalising it further and making it more tourist friendly. The e-tourist Visa, which was introduced in September 2014 with 46 countries has now been made applicable for 166 countries.
- The Ministry of Tourism had been working very closely with the Ministry of Home Affairs for easing of the visa Regime in the country over a period of time.
- The duration of stay in India of e-tourist and e-business visas has been made maximum up to one year with multiple entry subject to the stay stipulations.
- The existing restriction of allowing foreigner for a maximum of three times has also been removed. Further, e-visa will be valid for entry through two more designated airports such as Bhubaneswar and Port Blair, raising the total number of such airports to 28
- There would be no separate category of destination wedding visa. Those attending a destination wedding in India can do so under normal e-tourist visa or tourist visa. Further, foreign nationals who fall sick during their stay in India can now avail medical treatment without converting their visa into medical visa. This would take care of sudden medical emergencies. Besides, visa-on-arrival facility has been extended to the nationals of the Republic of Korea.
//php comments_template(); ?>