CENTRE, SIX STATES SIGN AGREEMENT FOR RENUKAJI DAM MULTIPURPOSE PROJECT
- An agreement for Renukaji Dam Multipurpose Project was signed in New Delhi among the States of Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand in the presence of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister.
- All the six Chief Ministers were present on the occasion.
Renukaji Dam Multipurpose Project:
- Under the agreement, three storage projects are proposed to be constructed on the river Yamuna and two of its tributaries – Tons and Giri in the hilly regions of Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
- These include Lakhwar project on river Yamuna in Uttarakhand, Kishau on river Tons in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh and Renukaji on river Giri in Himachal Pradesh.
- The projects were conceived in 2008. Most of the irrigation cost and the drinking water component of these projects will be funded by the central government.
- In addition to this, a concession agreement was also signed for Namami Gange projects for the city of Prayagraj under Hybrid Annuity Mode and One City One Operator Concept.
//php comments_template(); ?>