CHINA ANNOUNCES CHANG’E-4 MISSION COMPLETE SUCCESS
- China announced that the Chang’e-4 mission, the first-ever probe to land on the moon’s dark side, was a complete success.
- China National Space Administration (CNSA) said, the scientific instruments aboard the probe worked well, and the images taken by it have been sent back to ground control. Images from the moon’s far side show it is surrounded by lots of craters of different sizes.
- The CNSA also released a video of the landing process of the Chang’e-4, which was produced by processing more than 4,700 pictures taken by a camera on the probe.
- The video, lasting about 12 minutes, shows the probe adjusted its altitude, hovered and avoided obstacles during the descent process.
Dark Side of the Moon :
- This is the first time an attempt was made to explore the far side of the moon. Since the moon’s revolution cycle is the same as its rotation cycle, the same side always faces Earth.
- The other face, most of which cannot be seen from Earth, is called the far side or “dark side” of the moon, not because it is dark, but because most of it is uncharted.
//php comments_template(); ?>