Construction Technology India-2019 Expo-Cum-Conference
GS 3: Economy | Development- Infrastructure
Why in News?
Construction Technology India is being organised to identify proven, innovative and globally established technologies for use in the Indian context.
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Aﬀairs, Government of India has conceptualized a Global Housing Technology Challenge – India (GHTC- India) which aims to identify and mainstream a basket of innovative technologies from across the globe, that are sustainable and disaster-resilient.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) targets the construction of 1 Crore housing units by 2022.
- Within the ambit of the overarching PMAY (U), a Technology Sub-Mission (TSM) was set up, to facilitate the adoption of innovative, sustainable, green and disaster-resilient technologies and building materials for low-cost, speedier and quality construction of houses.
- The GHTC-India platform aspires to provide an eco-system for the adoption of innovative technologies in the housing construction sector in a holistic manner.
Benefits of the Expo-Cum-Conference:
- Potential technology providers can benefit from the support provided by Affordable Sustainable Housing Accelerators- India (ASHA-India) initiative.
- Proven technologies which are identified during CTI – 2019 will be further invited to design and build lighthouse projects.
- GHTC-India will also contribute substantially towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as laid out by the United Nations (UN), the New Urban Agenda and the Paris Climate Accord to which India is a signatory and similar international commitments by gradually migrating from inefficient & carbon intensive processes to cleaner and compliant options.
- GHTC-India will bring about a paradigm shift in the manner in which construction is not only done but also received and perceived in the country.