1. With respect to Forest Rights Act, consider the following statements:

  1. The Act grants legal recognition to the rights of traditional forest dwelling communities, partially correcting the injustice caused by the forest laws.
  2. Farmers have to minor forest produce including ownership, to grazing areas, to pastoralist routes, etc.
  3. Eligibility to get rights under the Act is claimant must be a member of the Scheduled Tribes scheduled in that area or must have been residing in the forest for 100 years.

Which of the statement(s) given above is/are not correct?


2. In the context to the Minimum Support Price or the Minor Forest Produce, consider the following statements:

  1. The Ministry of Tribal Affairs will be the nodal Ministry for implementation and monitoring of the scheme.
  2. The scheme supports primary value addition as well as provides for supply chain infrastructure like cold storage, warehouses etc.
  3. It ensures that the tribal population gets a remunerative price for the produce they collect from the forest and provide alternative employment avenues to them.

Which of the statements given above are correct?


3. With respect to the Defamation Cases, consider the following statements:

  1. Civil defamation has been specifically defined as an offence under section 499 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
  2. Criminal defamation does not rely on statutes to define wrongs but takes from ever-increasing body of case laws to define what would constitute a wrong.
  3. Section 500 of IPC reads, “Whoever defames another shall be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.”

Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?


4. Which of the following are the committees related to de-notified, nomadic and semi-nomadic tribes?

  1. Criminal Tribes Inquiry Committee, 1947.
  2. Ananthasayanam Ayyangar Committee.
  3. Butler Committee.

Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?


5. Consider the following statements: 

  1. Electoral Bond would be a bearer instrument in the nature of a Promissory Note and an interest free banking instrument.
  2. No limit exists on the number of electoral bonds that a person (including corporate entities) can purchase.
  3. The amount of bonds not encashed within the validity period of thirty days shall be deposited by the authorised bank to the Prime Minister Relief Fund (PMRF)

Which of the statements given above is/are correct?


6. Which of the following statements is/are correct? 

  1. Compensatory Afforestation Fund Act established a National Compensatory Afforestation Fund under the Consolidated Fund of India (CFI)
  2. The payments made for compensatory afforestation, net present value and others related to the project will be deposited in the fund. The State Funds will receive 90% of the payments while the National Fund will receive the remaining 10%.



7. With respect to POCSO Act, which of the following statements is/are correct? 

  1. The POCSO Act does not provide for any period of limitation for reporting the child sexual offences.
  2. The act not only punishes the perpetrator of sexual abuse, but also penalises those who have failed to report the offence
  3. POCSO Act prohibits disclosure of the victim’s identity in any form of media.




Consider the following, indicators used to compute the Academic Freedom Index Report:

  1. Freedom to research and teach
  2. Freedom of academic exchange and dissemination,
  3. Institutional autonomy of universities
  4. Campus integrity

Which of the statements given above is/are correct?


9. In context to the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA), consider the following:

  1. It aims to build and expand understanding and mutually beneficial cooperation through consensus-based, evolutionary, and non-intrusive means.
  2. As of 2023, it has 23 member states.
  3. Its secretariat is based in Mauritius.

Which of the statements given above is/are correct?


10. Consider the following, with regard to teak:

  1. It is also known as Indian oak and teca.
  2. Its production covers 10% of global annual timber demand.
  3. This wood species is listed in the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species as endangered.

Which of the statements given above is/are correct?


Share Socially