1. With respect to the Census, consider the following statements:

    1. 1. The Census was first started under British Viceroy Lord Mayo in 1872.
    2. 2. The first synchronous census in India was held in 1881 and since then, censuses have been undertaken uninterruptedly once every ten years.
    3. 3. The responsibility of conducting the decennial Census rests with the Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India under Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.

Which of the statement(s) given above is/are not correct?


2. Consider the following regarding the 103rd Constitutional Amendment Act:

    1. 1. It amended the Constitution to extend 10% reservation economically weaker sections among all castes and communities, including all Christians and Muslims.
    2. 2. The 10% reservation will be in addition to the existing cap of 50% reservation for the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes, taking total Reservation to 60%.

Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?


3. Which of the following are the conditions to be included in the reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)?

    1. 1. Annual household income below Rs 8 lakh.
    2. 2. Agriculture land below 5 acres.
    3. 3. Residential house below 1000 sqft.
    4. 4. Residential plot below 100 yards in notified municipality.
    5. 5. Residential plot below 200 yards in non-notified municipality area.

Select the correct answer using the codes given below:


4. Consider the following statements:

    1. 1. The Census provides a portrait of the Indian population, while the SECC is a tool to identify beneficiaries of state support.
    2. 2. Since the Census falls under the Census Act of 1948, all data are considered confidential, whereas all the personal information given in the SECC is open for use by Government departments to grant and/or restrict benefits to Households.

Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?


5. Consider the following, with regard to Doctrine of Lapse Policy:

    1. 1. It was an annexation policy followed widely by Lord Dalhousie.
    2. 2. Under this policy the princely state that was under the direct or indirect control of the East India Company where the ruler did not have a legal male heir would be annexed by the company.

Which of the statements given above is/are correct?


6. Consider the following statements:

    1. 1. The GST compensation is paid out of Compensation Cess every two months by the Centre to states.
    2. 2. The taxpayers who have opted for the GST composition scheme are not liable to collect and remit the GST compensation cess to the Central Government.

Which of the statements given above is/are correct?


7. In context to the AMRUT Mission (Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation),

consider the following statements:

    1. 1. It comes under the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
    2. 2. It’s one of purpose is to ensure that every household has access to a tap with the assured supply of water and a sewerage connection.

Which of the statements given above is/are correct?


8. Consider the following statements with respect to Sufism:

    1. 1. It gained prominence in the 10th and 11th centuries during the reign of the Delhi Sultanate.
    2. 2. The Chisti Silsila was founded by Shihabuddin in Baghdad and was established in India by Bahauddin Zakariya.
    3. 3. The Chistis accepted maintenance Grants from the Sultans and took an active part in politics.

Which of the above statements is/are correct?


9. Which of the following is a most likely consequence of implementing the ‘Unified Payments Interface (UPI)’?


10. With reference to Algal blooms, which of the following statements is/are correct?

    1. 1. Algal blooms may occur in freshwater as well as Marine Environments.
    2. 2. Harmful algal blooms can produce extremely dangerous toxins that can sicken or kill People and Animals.



Share Socially