8. Gopal Krishna Gokhale was an eminent Moderate leader with great contribution to the Indian National Movement. In this regard which of the statements given below are correct?
- 1. Gokhale was invited to London to give evidence before Welby Commission.
- 2. He rejected Gandhiji’s application to join the Servants of India society.
- 3. He supported Indian Press Act, 1910 designed to throttle the Indian Press.
- 4. In 1912, he was nominated as member of Islington Commission.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below: