Did Horticulture is a way of doubling farmers explain it with its achievements of mission for integrated development of horticulture (MIDH).
Structure of answer:
- Introduction (current scenario of Horticulture)
- Say about how the horticulture section performed lately in quantitative and qualitative terms:
- How the quality and quantity can be increased?
- Discuss the achievements of mission for integrated development of horticulture (MIDH).
- Role of Horticulture in India: It is an emerging sector of economic importance in India.
- Horticulture is defined as the cultivation of an orchard, garden, or nursery on a small or large scale, or the science and art of growing fruits, vegetables, flowers or ornamental plants.
- Ornamentals and flowers were added to improve well-being.
- What? Horticulture, literally garden culture, is a part of crop agriculture that also includes agronomy and forestry.
- By tradition, horticulture deals with garden crops such as fruits, nuts, vegetables, culinary herbs and spices, beverage crops, and medicinals, as well as ornamental plants.
- How? Horticulture is the practice of production of both fruit and vegetable crops. India is a producer of tropical as well as temperate fruits.
- Some of the major crops are: Mangoes: Many varieties of mangoes lie Safeda, Dussehri, Langda, Sindoori, etc. are grown in Maharashtra, U.P., Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal.