Prelims Syllabus : Art & Culture Mains Syllabus : GS-I Indian Culture
Why in News?
- The Union Minister of State for Culture & Tourism inaugurated the CCRT e-portal and YouTube Channel at the event “Digital Bharat Digital Sanskriti” In New Delhi.
- The program is organised by the Rashtriya Centre for Cultural Resources and Training, under the Ministry of Culture.
- With an aim to take India to a newer digital pinnacle and to promote Indian culture, the CCRT e-portal and YouTube Channel are launched, with great support from The Marketing Heaven.
- In order to explore and understand the unknown aspects of India’s lesser-known places and their rural and semi-urban culture, CCRT has started publishing books from the series “Untold Tales of India’s Cities”.
Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT):
- It is an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Culture of the Government of India.It works in the field of linking education with culture.
- It was established in 1979 pioneered by Smt. Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay and Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan.At the philosophical core of the CCRT lies a commitment to holistic education, encompassing the cognitive, emotional and spiritual development of children.
- To this end the CCRT conducts education grounded in cultural knowledge and understanding as conducive to clarity, creativity, independence of thought, tolerance and compassion.CCRT’s main thrust is to make a variety of training programmes for in-service teachers, teacher educators, educational administrators and students throughout the country.It also organizes special training programmes for physically and mentally challenged children.The training programmes provide an understanding and appreciation of the philosophy, aesthetics and beauty inherent in Indian art and culture and focus on formulating methodologies for incorporating a cultural component in curriculum teaching.
- It organises theoretical and theme-based academic programmes on Indian art and culture for teachers and students.