DIPP Announces State-Wise Startup Rankings
Why in News?
- The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), released the much-awaited State Startup Rankings on basis of the startup policy framework that it had announced earlier this year.
- According to the State Startup Ranking Report, while Gujarat is rated the ‘best-performing state’, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Odisha and Kerala come in a notch below as ‘top-performing states.’
- The state startup ranking framework measures and compares the efforts and results of the startup initiatives and exercises undertaken by different state governments.
States’ Start-up Ranking:
- The DIPP launched an exercise to rank states and union territories on the basis of measures being taken by them to promote startups, and added that it was consulting states for their ranking framework.
- DIPP began this exercise from January, 2016.
- The State Startup Ranking Framework is aimed at bringing to fore progress made by States/UTs for promoting startup ecosystem.
- The report intends to foster competitiveness and propel the states/UTs to work proactively while facilitating states/UTs to identify, learn and replicate good practices.
//php comments_template(); ?>