DIPP Swachch Bharat Grand Challenge Awards Presented
Why in news?
- As part of the Swachhta Pakhwada held from, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) organized a Swachch Bharat Grand Challenge. Four areas of sanitation, waste management, water and wastewater management and air management were selected for the grand challenge.
Objective of the award:
- This was organized to reward innovative solutions by DIPP recognized Start-ups in the country.
- Unique solutions were received from start-ups who had also filed for intellectual property rights.
- It was started in April 2016 with the objective of bringing a fortnight of intense focus on the issues and practices of Swachhata by engaging GOI Ministries/Departments in their jurisdictions.
- An annual calendar is pre-circulated among the Ministries to help them plan for the Pakhwada activities.
- They are monitored closely using online monitoring system of Swachhata Samiksha where action plans, images, videos related to Swachhata activities are uploaded and shared.
- After the observation, Ministries/Departments announce their achievements through a press conference and other communication tools.
- For the Pakhwada fortnight, observing ministries are considered as Swachhata Ministries and are expected to bring qualitative Swachhata improvements in their jurisdictions.
//php comments_template(); ?>