Discuss the major shortcomings in India’s national security architecture. Explain the ways to overcome with respect to the key recommendations made by D.S.Hooda’s document.
Structure of answer:
- Introduction (Importance of national security).
- Need for formulating a national security strategy for India.
- What are the major shortcomings in India’s national security architecture that must be addressed?
- Key national security institutions and revamp their functioning.
- Role of National Security Adviser with respect to accountability and legal formality.
- Significant features of Hooda document.
- Way forward.
- National Security Strategy (India) The National Security Strategy (NSS) is a document prepared periodically by the executive branch of the Government of India which outlines the major national security concerns of the India and how the administration plans to deal with them.
- The most important role of the federal government is protecting our citizens fromnational security threats.
- This means creating a strong system for defense both at home and abroad.
- The United States should continue to act as a defender of freedom and a staunch supporter of our allies worldwide.
- Why it is important? The NSC was one of several creations of the National Security Act of 1947, which also established the Central Intelligence Agency and placed the armed forces under the Secretary of Defense.
- The Act gave the NSC congressional mandate to coordinate U.S. foreign and defense policy.
//php comments_template(); ?>