- The Bill can be broadly broken down to 5 different parts.
- The Reason’s why the DNA data is collected
- Other Circumstances why DNA data is collected.
- Safeguarding DNA
- Regulatory Mechanism
- Penal Provision in case of Transgression.
Evolution of the Bill:
- In the year 2003 the bill was first deliberated and this was examined by another expert committee in 2012. Based on which bill was drafted and law commission went through it.
- Later DNA profiling committee was setup for the purpose of why the bill should become an act.
Constitution of the DNA Regulatory Board:
- The board is headed by the Chairman who is Secretary of Ministry of Science and Technology.
- The Vice Chairman who has the experience of 25 years in this particular area.
- There are 13 member’s in the advisory board and heads of investigative agencies like INA Representatives, CBI Representatives, Ministry of Law Representatives for accreditation.
Merits of the Bill:
- The Bill has proposed 5 indexes which will help to face problems multi – dimensionally they are:
- Missing Children Index
- Deceased Index
- Under Trial Index
- Crime Scene Index
- Offender’s Index
- Every Year in India 175 Children goes missing and several corps have been found without their identity and 400 FIR filed. Man Under trials accused spend year’s in Prison and later released due to lack of evidence.
- With DNA Profiling parents can give their DNA to find missing Children and dead Corpse can be identified.
- The Prisoner’s who are convicted below 7 Years have a choice to either give their DNA data or can deny it.
Concerns and steps taken In Regard:
- There have been accusations that too much power vested upon the board but there are adequate Penal provisions.
- The protection of collecting information and the ambit of collecting information.
- The Technology accelerates faster than the law, does the law keep pace with the techonology.
- During his reign, Fiscal responsibility act was introduced and privatisation was appreciated.
- There were setback to his government like parliament attack, Kargil conflict, cyclones and earth quake yet his regime was stable.
//php comments_template(); ?>