eDrishti software launched to help Railways Minister keep track of punctuality of train
Why in news?
- Indian Railways unveiled ‘eDrishti’ software that will help Union Railway Minister to keep track of punctuality of trains as well as freight and passenger earnings and much more from anywhere in the country.
- The software has been developed by Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) to help Minister keep track of all information related to Indian Railways, one of the world’s largest rail networks.
- Using this software, Railway Minister can track any information with just a click of mouse — whether from his office or while on the move.
- It will also enable Minister to know at any given point of time day’s freight and passenger earnings, freight loading and unloading, punctuality, progress of major projects, public grievances, movement of trains across the country, details of railway stations and much more.
- It also has been connected with base kitchens of Indian Rail Catering and Tourism Corp (IRCTC) as many complaints comes regarding the quality of food served on trains.
- Through live video, Minister will be able to monitor the goings on in IRCTC kitchens.
- It will also provide the live status of reserved and unreserved passengers travelling on trains besides providing the exact location of trains at any point of time
//php comments_template(); ?>