Emergency Response Support System (ERSS)
Why in news?
- The Union Home Ministry has launched Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) for Himachal Pradesh.
Emergency Response Support System (ERSS):
- Central Government has allocated ₹321.69 Crore under Nirbhaya Fund for implementation of ERSS project across the country.
- Himachal Pradesh is the first state to launch pan-India single emergency number ‘112’ under ERSS.
- Under this project, a single number based 112 emergency services which will connect to Police, Fire, Health and other help lines through an Emergency Response Centre in the State.
- The service also includes a ‘112 India’ mobile app integrated with Panic Button of smartphones and ERSS State website for ease of citizen in availing immediate assistance.
- To increase the effectiveness of Emergency Response, the ERC has also been integrated with Location Based Services provided by Telecom Service Providers.
- The ‘112 India’ mobile app will be subsequently rolled out in all States & Union Territories to help people across the country access the unified emergency services.
- To ensure safety of women, a SHOUT feature has been introduced in ‘112 India’ mobile app.
- It helps seek immediate assistance from registered volunteers in the vicinity apart from the immediate assistance from Emergency Response Centre.
- Nirbhaya Fund:
- In order to eradicate violence against women and girls, Central Government has set up Nirbhaya Fund.
- It is administered by the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance.It can be utilized for projects for women safety and security.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development is the nodal authority for appraising/recommending the proposals/schemes to be funded under Nirbhaya fund.
//php comments_template(); ?>