Exercise SCO Peace Mission 2018
Why in News?
- As part of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) initiatives, SCO Peace Mission Exercise is conducted biennially for SCO member states.
- This will be a historic occasion due to the maiden participation of India post becoming a full member of the SCO in June 2017.
Significance of this exercise:
- This exercise marks a major milestone in the multilateral relations of SCO member nations.
- It will involve tactical level operations in an international counter insurgency or counter terrorism environment under SCO Charter.
- The joint exercise will strengthen mutual confidence, interoperability and enable sharing of best practices among armed forces of SCO Nations.
- It will be a landmark event in the history of SCO defence cooperation where Indian and Pakistani armed forces will participate together.
//php comments_template(); ?>