Explain about Independent candidate in the election of India? Also discuss about the issues related to the independent candidate and their contestation in the elections, is they unimportant for political representation?
Structure of answer:
- Introduction (About independent candidate).
- Role of independent candidates in elections of India.
- How do they affect the results?
- Should independents be discouraged from participating as candidates in elections?
- Way forward. (Significance)
- The Independent American Party (IAP) is a conservative political party in the United States.
- It began as the Utah Independent American Party (Officers elected in other States on the Independent American Party ticket or the U.S. Constitution Party need to be added here by party members in other states).
- Independent candidate contest elections on the basis of their personal appeal or to promote an ideology different from any party.
- Some are also run as independent candidates after being sidelined by political rivals within their own party, or to ensure that a rival candidate is not elected.
- While some are genuine candidates, others have been criticised as dummy candidates put forward by political parties to get around the spending ceiling imposed by the Election Commission, or to confuse voters by using party names similar to those of another candidate.
//php comments_template(); ?>