First tribal circuit project under Swadesh darshan
Why in News?
- The Minister of State for Tourism will inaugurate the project for Development of Tribal Circuit in Chhattisgarh under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
- This is the second project under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme being inaugurated in the country.
Particulars of the Project:
- The project covers thirteen sites in Chhattisgarh i.e. Jashpur, Kunkuri, Mainpat, Kamleshpur, Maheshpur, Kurdar, Sarodadadar, Gangrel, Kondagaon, NathiyaNawagaon, Jagdalpur, Chitrakoot, Tirthgarh.
- Chhattisgarh is known for its exceptional scenic beauty and uniquely rich cultural heritage and has always been synonymous with tribes and tribal culture.
- The project aims to acknowledge the sovereignty of tribes, promote the rich and diverse primitive assets in the state.
- Major components sanctioned include eco log huts, craft haats, souvenir shops/ kiosk, tourist reception & facilitation centres, open amphitheatre, tribal interpretation centres, workshop centres, tourist amenities centres etc.
- These components are perceived to improve existing tourist facilities and enhance the overall tourist experience thereby help in getting more visitors which in return will increase job opportunities in the area.
Swadesh Darshan Scheme:
- Swadesh Darshan Scheme is one of the flagship schemes of the Ministry of tourism, for development of thematic circuits in the country in a planned and prioritized manner.
- The scheme was launched in 2014 -15 as a Central Sector Scheme.
- It aims for integrated development of theme-based tourist circuits in the country.
- “Development of North East Circuit: Imphal&Khongjom” is the first project implemented under the Scheme.
- Development of Tribes and Tribal Culture is one of the prime areas of focus for the Ministry of Tourism.
- Under the tribal circuit theme of the scheme the Ministry has sanctioned 4 projects to Nagaland, Telangana and Chhattisgarh for Rs. 381.37 Crores.