Google Maps launches features for real-time updates on public transports in India
08, Jun 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- Google tech Behemoth invented three new features- bus travel times from live traffic in 10 of the largest cities in India
- The live train status for Indian Railways trains, and mixed-mode commute suggestions that now combine auto-rickshaw and public transport.
- The travel plan of Indian users are predicted by transit time while traveling on buses.
- Google map enable users to know how long a bus trip will take when factoring in live traffic conditions
- This feature launched in 10 cities namely Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Lucknow, Chennai, Mysore, Coimbatore, and Surat.
- The partnership app is Where is My Train app acquired by Google in December 2018.
- It helped for Google’s ‘Next Billion Users’ initiative.
- The feature is live in two cities in Delhi and Bengaluru.
- India is the top three countries for Google Maps transit usage.
- The search engine over 300 million users in the country.
- Google Map has more than 10,000 routes it can predict the transit time accurately.
- It will be available on Android and iPhones.
- Apple hiring spree to expand its products in India.