GOVERNMENT TO CONDUCT SURVEY OF ALL AGRICULTURAL HOUSEHOLDS IN COUNTRY
- The government has decided to conduct a survey of all agricultural households in the country covering the period from July 2018 to June this year.
- Objective: The survey aims to provide a comprehensive assessment of the situation of agricultural households in the country, including their income, expenditure and indebtedness.
- The survey called the ‘Situation Assessment Survey of Agricultural Households’ will be conducted during the 77th round of the National Sample Survey in the current calendar year.
- It would mainly focus on assessing the income, expenditure and indebtedness of the agricultural households among other issues for the current crop year.
- The National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) has been chosen as the nodal agency.
- The last such survey was conducted for crop year 2012-13. Post it, the National Sample Survey Office has not conducted any such survey.
- The comparable estimates for rise in income of agricultural households during 2014-2018 are also not available.
//php comments_template(); ?>