Govt. and IIT-D to set up Centre of Excellence
04, May 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- GoI and IIT-Delhi will set up a Centre of Excellence for Waste to Wealth Technologies to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- This will be done to implement sustainable, scientific and technological solutions for waste management.
- This will provide an effective platform to bring together integrated approaches for effective recycle, reuse & resource recovery of waste.
- The waste to wealth mission project has been approved under Prime Minister’s Science Technology and Innovation Advisory Council (PM-STIAC).
- The focus is to consolidate all possible Waste to Wealth Technologies, learn from best practices followed worldwide, and implement them at ground level.