HINDI WRITER CHITRA MUDGAL AMONG 24 HONOURED WITH SAHITYA AKADEMI AWARD
- Renowned Hindi writer Chitra Mudgal, Dogri writer Inderjeet Kesar, Kannada writer KG Nagarajappa and Kashmiri story writer Mushtaq Ahmad Mushtaq were among 24 writers, who were honoured today with the Sahitya Akademi Award 2018.
- President of the Sahitya Akademi Chandrasekhar Kambar presented these awards at a function in New Delhi.
- The award was given to Chitra Mudgal for her book ‘post box no 203 Nalla Sopara’, which was based on the life of a transgender.
Sahitya Akademi Awards
- It is literary honour that is conferred annually on Indian writers for their outstanding works of literary merit.
- It was established in 1954.
- It is conferred annually on writers of outstanding works in one of the twenty-four major Indian languages 22 Scheduled Languages+ English and Rajasthani.
- The award consists of a casket containing an engraved copper-plaque, a shawl and cheque of Rs.1 Lakh.
Sahitya Akademi is not given to which of the following languages?
- a. Dogri
- b. Assamese
- c. santhali
- d. Bhojpuri
//php comments_template(); ?>