India and China Sign Protocol For Export Of Indian Chilli Meal
Why in News?
- Delegates from India and China held a meeting in New Delhi today to discuss trade related issues of pending Indian request for clearance of agricultural
- At the end of the meeting a protocol was signed for export of chilli meal from India to China.
What is Chilli Meal?
- Chilli meal is the residue left after oil is extracted from chillies
- It is widely used as an industry input in manufacturing chilli sauce and other similar products.
- Red Chillies are majorly produced in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- Crop is planted in August or September and harvested in March or
//php comments_template(); ?>