India extends full support for economic development, sustainable peace in Afghanistan
18, May 2019
Prelims level : Mains level :
- India has expressed its full support for sustainable peace, economic development and stability in Afghanistan.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj gave this assurance to Afghan President Ashraf Ghani’s Special Envoy and High Peace Council Secretary Umer Daudzai in New Delhi.
- Mr Daudzai briefed the Minister on the outcome of the recently held Loya Jirga in the country.
- Both sides also discussed India’s role in Regional Peace Consensus with regards to Afghanistan, progress in peace talks and bilateral relations.
- Mr Daudzai also met National Security Advisor Ajit Doval and Foreign Secretary Vijay K Gokhale.